– O-rings; we use HNBR 80 to 90 durometer o-rings as
our standard o-ring. O-rings are available in Viton, Aflas,
Nitrile and HNBR high and low temp.
– FS Seals; this seal is designed to seal around rough
casing. The seal in 9-5/8” and smaller sizes is rated
to 15,000 psi. Our standard FS seal is HNBR 85 to 90
durometer. This seal is available in several different
materials and for different temp ratings.
– Springsele (S-Seal); this seal is designed to seal the
bushing OD against the wellhead body. They are rated
to over 15,000 psi and the standard material is HNBR 85
to 90 durometer. Different materials and temp ratings
– P-Seals; this seal is designed to seal against rough
casing and requires plastic packing applied under
pressure to activate it. The seal is available in several
different materials and temp ratings.
– PE seals: this seal has a rubber element that is aprox 2”
thick and seals against the casing and the wellhead. This
seal is designed for low pressure general purpose use
and is available in limited material and temp ratings.
• Types of bushings for BG bottom heads
– 4-0 bushing; has internal and external o-ring seals to
seal on the casing and inside the wellhead. Standard
seal for general purpose wellheads.
– FS-S bushing; has FS seals in the ID to seal around the
casing and S-Seals on the OD to seal in the wellhead.
High pressure seal good up to 15,000 psi.
– FS-SL bushing; same seal as the FS-S only secured
in the wellhead with an ACME threaded lock ring as
opposed to a snap ring.
– PE seal; 4 piece seal consisting of an upper plate, 2”
thick seal element, lower plate, and a snap ring. For low